Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Secret's Out!

A friend contacted me yesterday seeking advice about a suitable guitar upgrade for her daughter. As I've secretly had plans all along to make a gift to her of one of the guitars I currently have under construction, it seemed like a good time to reveal my intentions. As a result, I've decided to prioritise the completion of this guitar with a view to presenting it to her as soon as I can.

As luck would have it, I finalised the construction stage only a week ago - the task of finishing therefore begins in earnest. The first step is to fill the pores with epoxy after which two coats of Ilva TF23 sealer will be applied immediately prior to the first of the KTM-SV top coats.

I'll document the process here for the recipient's benefit and in the hope that it's of some interest to others as well.

Cheers
Pete

No comments:

Bridge Day

With a template describing the bridge outline, and an appropriate jig to facilitate routing of the saddle slot, it's a fairly quick and ...