Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Fingerstyle Guitar - Slow Progress

Despite the fact that I'm devoting most of my available spare time to completing a claro walnut and spruce instrument for a friend's daughter, there has at least been some movement with this redwood and claro walnut guitar lately. I'm content to proceed patiently, and I'm currently gluing purflings and bindings one piece at a time, through the week after I arrive home from work.


Acknowledging that the tuners and bridge are yet to be attached, the guitar is very light and, knowing how much I strived to brace the soundboard as lightly as I dared, I have great hopes that I'll achieve my goal of producing a very responsive instrument well suited to a fingerstyle player.

Cheers
Pete

No comments:

Bridge Day

With a template describing the bridge outline, and an appropriate jig to facilitate routing of the saddle slot, it's a fairly quick and ...